Volume 1: Morning Rain in Wei City
Series Name：Inner Demons (心魔, XinMo)
Original Publisher: QiDian
The novel talked about the war between human cultivators and demons, and how they overcame or fell before their inner demons.
The main character was a teenager whose parents were murdered because they owned a powerful Taoist treasure. He struggled to survive in this chaotic fantasy world and tried to find a chance to avenge his parents. Meanwhile he discovered the top secrets behind this world.
Words on this page
- QinZhiHuaQing沁纸花青: Name of the author, literally means “flowers and greenery grow from the aromatic paper”.
- Li YunXin李云心: The main character. For the correct pronunciation, copy the Chinese origin and paste it into Google Translate.
Li=A family name which means “plum”.
- Liu刘: Family name of the old priest.
Items and Creatures
- ChiWen螭吻:One of the 9 sons of the dragon in Chinese mythology. Sculptures of ChiWen are widely used as decorations in Chinese architecture.
- Eyebrow staffs齐眉棍: A kind of staff weapon, its length is usually equal to the height from the ground to one’s eyebrows.
- Supreme Clarity Alchemy School上清丹鼎派: Alchemy schools are Taoist schools that study alchemy, and this one was called Supreme Clarity.
- Mysterious Insight School洞玄派
- HongFu Escort Team洪福镖局:
Hong=A flood/Huge and powerful, like a flood
- Observing a leopard through a bamboo tube, one could only see a spot on its fur管中窥豹，可见一斑: To have a limited view of sth.
- To refuse a toast only to be forced to drink a forfeit敬酒不吃吃罚酒: To be compelled to do something after initially refusing.
- A long night is usually fraught with dreams夜长梦多: Unexpected troubles may happen if the work is not done quickly.
- His face was as clean as the jade on people’s hats面如冠玉: He was handsome. An ornamental piece of jade which adorns a hat shows the person’s social status, so it is usually pure and beautiful.
- The water flowing through a channel水到渠成: Something which comes naturally
- So angry that their hair stands up and raises their hats from their head怒发冲冠: An exaggerated expression of anger.
- The seven emotions and six desires七情六欲:
7 emotions=Joy, anger, sorrow, fear, love, hate and desire.
6 desires=The desire to see, hear, smell, taste, touch and feel.
- To pour daigo on one’s head醍醐灌顶: To enlighten someone with perfect wisdom.
- A child with a yellow beak黄口小儿: Used to describe someone who is really young and naive, because young birds usually have yellow beaks.
- Short clothes短打扮: Short clothes are not shorts or clothes with short sleeves, they are actually non-robe clothes. Robes/dresses are commonly wore by both men and women in ancient China, while trousers are only wore by (male) farmers, workers and soldiers.
- A embroidered pillow绣花枕头: Someone who looks good outwardly, but empty inside.
- Pigs and dogs猪狗: People of very low status
6 tradional domestic animals in China: Horses, cattles, sheeps, pigs, dogs and chickens.
- The Great Qing Empire大庆: Qing=To congratulate
- Xiang Province襄州: Xiang=To farm
- Ding Province定州: Ding=Peace.
- Gai County盖县: Gai=A lid of a container.
- Qing River County清河县: Qing=Clear
- Qing River Town清河镇
- Wei City渭城:Wei=Name of a river
- Luo City洛城:Luo=Rivers
- Hun City珲城:Hun=A beautiful jade
- Xing Li邢立: Senior officer of Qing River Town
- Xin the hunter辛猎户
- Shen ZhiMo 沈知墨: The magistrate of Qing River county.
Zhi=To know, Mo=Ink
- (Shen) LiHeng立恒: Son of the magistrate
Li=To stand, Heng=Constantly
- ChiSongZi赤松子: The Taoist name of the teenage priest. Every cultivator will get a new name when they enter the sects.ChiSong=Red pineZi=A suffix used for a wise or learned man. For example, Confucius(KongZi), LaoZi
- KangCangZi亢仓子: KangCang=tall granary
- Qiao DuanHong乔段洪: Leader of HongFu Escort TeamDuan=A partHong=A flood/Huge and powerful, like a flood
- Qiao JiaXin乔嘉欣: Daughter of Qiao DuanHong.
- Qiao SiFu乔四福: A driver of HongFu Escort Team.Si=FourFu=HappinessFive forms of happiness=Longevity, wealth, health, kindness and a natural death.